We consider CSR as an investment in the Company’s future
Our approach to corporate social responsibility integrates all aspects of our business and its many interfaces with society and our environment. Through our guidelines, we seek to improve the quality of life of our people and conduct business safely in an ethically, socially and environmentally responsible manner. Our company covers wide range of issues and topics including proper management of environment, energy utilization, eco-efficiency, employment of labour, human rights, child labour, health and safety in the workplace, sustainable business operations and involvement in social projects.
K.A. Exports Pvt. Ltd. works together with employees to identify solutions to shared problems that would include job creation, expansion of infrastructure and support of community projects to create opportunities for better future. The company's strengths include a bias for results, commitment to technical and commercial excellence, and a high level of accountability for all staff. We expect businesses to be responsible in all areas of social and environmental performance.
We have full compliance to the applicable laws, rules, and regulations, including related to labour, worker health, safety and the environment, relevant to the conduct of business.
Environment and Energy
We share our commitment to the environment by conducting business in a safe and legal manner by disposing of all hazardous materials and chemicals in accordance with applicable law.
We give priority to avoidance and reduction of waste, reuse, recycling, and other means of recovering value. We reduce printing and paper waste through monitoring systems; re-use redundant printing paper for internal work. We minimize paper use by storing information digitally rather than paper files. We recycle waste including non-adhesive paper, cardboard, and cartons. We continuously try to improve procedures to reduce the production of general waste at source, increase energy efficiency, and reduce energy usage. We turn of appliances when not in use, use timers, and use rechargeable batteries wherever appropriate. By being energy efficient, we not only reduce environmental impact, but it is also good for our business.
Supporting Our Employees
We are a company where people can stretch their capabilities and build their careers in an environment that reflects and respects their values. We support employees in managing their career growth, providing the resources for workers to build career plans while achieving corporate goals. We place a priority on providing a supportive environment in which they can flourish. We are dedicated to creating a workplace in which the rights, needs and unique contributions of every employee are consistently respected. Our employees are one of our major strengths, and their contribution through commitment and hard work is essential to the ongoing success of our company. We encourage both technical training and personal development of employees by giving wide variety of tasks from different and related fields so as to broaden their skills.
Company employees have the authority and the responsibility to take any steps necessary to ensure compliance with all standards and policies. Our employees and our business partners understand that our guidelines are no less important than meeting our quality standards or delivery times. Through our guidelines, we seek long-term solutions that will benefit the individuals who make our products and will improve their quality of life. The following standards are an integral part of our business.
All workers in our factory premises are treated with respect and dignity. Workers’ including contract labour in our factory meets the minimum legal age requirement to work. We comply with the laws relating to hiring, wages, hours worked, overtime and working conditions. They are not put at risk of physical or psychological coercion, or exploited in any way. They are allowed the freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining.
Wages and Benefits
The wages paid to employees are greater than the minimum wage applicable by law and also equivalent to the prevailing wage for the same type of work in the same or similar industry at the same geographical area. They are given paid annual leave and holidays as required by law, thereby meeting the industry standard. All workers are provided with detailed wage statement that states the number of days worked, hours of overtime and the wage or piece rate earned for that month.
The working hours are set in compliance with all applicable laws prevailing in the industry. They are also appropriately compensated for the overtime levied. They have the right to refuse overtime without any threat of penalty, punishment or dismissal.
Employees are permitted to take all breaks required by applicable law that includes reasonable breaks, lunch periods and bathroom breaks.
We recognize and respect cultural differences, therefore, all workers are employed on the basis of their ability to perform the job, and not the basis of their characteristics or beliefs.
Health & Safety
We provide workers with a safe and healthy working environment and comply with the applicable laws and regulations regarding working conditions. A senior management person is appointed to ensure full compliance for the health and safety of its employees.
- The factory complies with laws regarding working conditions with respect to workers health and safety, sanitation, risk protection, fire and electrical safety, mechanical and structural safety.
- All production areas such as sewing, pressing and cutting have sufficient lighting for the safe performance of production activities.
- The factory is well ventilated with windows, fans, coolers and air-conditioners in all work areas for adequate circulation and ventilation.
- There are sufficient, clearly marked areas for exits for orderly evacuation in case of fire or any other emergency.
- The aisles, exits and stairs are kept clear and unlocked at all times of work process.
- Fire extinguishers are mounted on walls throughout the factory so that they are visible and accessible to workers in all areas.
- The factory provides reasonable access to cold potable water for all workers throughout the working day.
- The factory has a well-stocked first aid kit.
- The factory maintains clean toilet areas throughout the working hours and places no restrictions on their use.
- The machinery and equipment used by employees is in good state of maintenance and repair, free from material defects and in good operating condition and suitable for the purposes for which they are used. All such machinery and equipment is equipped with operational safety devices and is inspected and served on a regular basis.
- The employees are provided adequate information to handle hazardous material. All hazardous and combustible material are properly labelled, stored in safe, secured and ventilated areas, and disposed of in accordance with applicable law.
Exploring Sustainable Products
We design garments that distinguish and make it special. We manufacture eco-friendly clothing made from bamboo, organic cotton, linen, silk blends and other renewable and sustainable raw materials. Organic cotton is better for everyone including farmers, our factory, consumers and the planet as it is grown without the use of harmful chemicals or synthetic pesticides that can be harmful to the environment. Organic clothes are much softer and are kinder and there is nothing in the fabric to irritate the skin.
Donating Our Merchandise
Our merchandise samples are routinely donated for charity. We contribute in-kind gifts of our fresh merchandise to various local and non-profit organisations such as CRY (Child Rights and You, www.cry.org) on regular basis. We also support local community projects and activities that take care of physical handicapped children and people.